[Development] Gerrit dropping CI failure mails?

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at digia.com
Tue Jul 8 11:31:20 CEST 2014

> the question is why you find it workflow-defining. why do you in
> your role as a _reviewer_ need to track integration progress? the
> process is supposed to be contributor-driven.

Sometimes you're waiting for someone's change to go in because you have another one that depends on it. Then the Powers That Be press Ctrl-C on the CI and the person who wrote the change is gone for the weekend. As that Ctrl-C thing or other silly reasons for the CI to fail integrating a change are fairly frequent I like to at least know about that, so that I can decide if I'll just restage the change.

Ulf