[Development] Cake and eating it too for qDebug printing to system log - https://codereview.qt-project.org/89357

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Fri Jul 11 00:27:51 CEST 2014

El Thursday 10 July 2014, Koehne Kai escribió:
> Provide a define QT_LOG_TO_CONSOLE  that let QCoreApplication.h record
> whether it should log to console (QT_LOG_TO_CONSOLE=1), to the system
> (QT_LOG_TO_CONSOLE=0), or both (QT_LOG_TO_CONSOLE=2).

Would it be too problematic to make the environment variable
(QT_LOGGING_TO_CONSOLE, which already is in use) accept also a "2" for logging
to both sources?

To me, the really interesting feature of providing such code inside of Qt is
to enable it without having to touch legacy/third party code. Having it for
your application is also nice, but you'll likely need to override it somehow
to integrate it with your configuration or UI.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2