[Development] Trying to fix qtmultimedia on Hurd

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 00:32:38 CEST 2014

As you might know Debian has a Hurd port and almost all Qt5 is building there,
except for QtMultimedia.

The problem lies on V4L support. We tested that the rest of the compilation
works by adding a v4l header to the gstreamer test (yes, it's a hammer-like
solution) and thus disabling all gstreamer including v4l.

Of course this is not the best solution, so I filled [0]. Yoan kindly showed
me where to start with and I came up with [1]. I think this is really WIP but
I wanted to do a first attempt to see what you think should be
modified/added/removed/whatever.

I would love if you could take a look at it.

Thanks, Lisandro.

[0] <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39762>
[1] <https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/89649/>

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.