[Development] QTabletEvent in QML

Dean Floyd dean.floyd.lkml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 10:34:12 CEST 2014

I have been using the Wacom Cintiq HD 24 Touch for some of my research
efforts, and I have tried to use MultiPointTouchArea to handle the touch
events, however, this has not lead to a great deal of success. To remedy
the situation, I decided to use the Wacom SDK to intercept these events and
create my own QML component to do what MultiPointTouchArea usually does,
which isn't awfully fast with the signal emitting and all, but sufficiently
smooth - I use touch events to control a camera in a 3D scene graph.

Now, I would like to draw using the Wacom Pen, and, although I can do this
through QWidget::tabletEvent(), I was not able to find a suitable QML
component which offers the same tabletEvent() functionality. I see some
examples using MouseArea to draw with a pen, but I would like to be able to
distinguish between a mouse and a pen device. In other words, I would like
to intercept QTabletEvent events within QML. Is there a way to do this? If
not, could somebody confirm that this is not possible? I would highly
appreciate any help. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dean Floyd

EPFL