[Development] Qt Creator Doesn't Show Error(s)

Steve Gold steveg2357 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 23:15:51 CEST 2014

I am building an app on Windows 8 64bit with Qt 5.3.1 and Qt Creator 3.1.2. I have a main.cpp that calls main.qml that calls Tests.qml that uses other QML and JavaScript files. I have

Component.onCompleted: {
  console.log(“Starting Testsl”);
  . . .
}

and other statements in Tests.qml. The app builds and the runs but all that is shown is a very small window and there is NO output. “Starting Tests” is not displayed. I get the message

    The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.3.1\Tools\mingw482_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited normally.

and I get similar messages with other compilers (e.g., msvc2013 64bit).

How can I force Qt Creator to show more information and, hopefully, what’s the problem?

Thanks.

Steve Gold