[Development] Qt Creator Doesn't Show Error(s)

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:45:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 14 July 2014 05:15, Steve Gold <steveg2357 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am building an app on Windows 8 64bit with Qt 5.3.1 and Qt Creator 3.1.2.
> I have a main.cpp that calls main.qml that calls Tests.qml that uses other
> QML and JavaScript files. I have
>
> Component.onCompleted: {
>   console.log(“Starting Testsl”);
>   . . .
> }
>
> and other statements in Tests.qml. The app builds and the runs but all that
> is shown is a very small window and there is NO output. “Starting Tests” is
> not displayed. I get the message
>
>     The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.3.1\Tools\mingw482_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
> exited normally.

Sounds like you're looking at the Compile Output pane. Switch to the
Application Output pane instead.

Regards,
Sze-Howe

P.S. This kind of question ("How do I use X?") is more suited for the
Interest mailing list. The Development and Qt Creator lists are for
discussing the implementation of Qt and Qt Creator respectively.