[Development] Debugging Android App on Qt Creator 3.1.2 and real device (Python scripting)

Fernando Pelliccioni fpelliccioni at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:56:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I just made a bug report, but I want to comment on this forum to get
earlier feedback .
Sorry if it is not the place to do it.

I can not debug an Android application using Qt 5.3.1 and Qt Creator 3.1.2
and a real device (Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-9100)

I am getting this error:
"The selected build of GDB does not support Python scripting"

The NDK GCB doesn't support Python scripting (See "Test" section below) and
acording to [0] "Qt drops support for debugging with versions of GDB that
do not have a Python interface."

So, any workarond?

Thanks!
Fernando.

[0] http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/04/15/qt-creator-3-1-0-released/

Related Bug Report:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-12726

------------------------
Test:
------------------------

$ cd
/home/fernando/soft/android/android-ndk-r10/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/
$ ./arm-linux-androideabi-gdb
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=arm-linux-android".
<http://source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html>.
(gdb) python print(“Hello world!”)
Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB.
(gdb)

------------------------
Environment details:
------------------------
VirtualBox Virtual Machine

XUbuntu 14.04 (64 bits)
Qt 5.3.1 for Linux 64-bit
Qt Creator 3.1.2

Android SDK
Linux 64-bit
adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20140702
http://dl.google.com/android/adt/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20140702.zip
Android NDK
Platform (32-bit target)
Linux 64-bit (x86) (32-bit target)
android-ndk32-r10-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 420671390
e3ff629d212a8106a43415862fa39baf
http://dl.google.com/android/ndk/android-ndk32-r10-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2