[Development] QZipReader and QZipWriter

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Mon Jul 28 11:08:59 CEST 2014

On Friday 25 July 2014 18:29:45 Alibek Omarov wrote:
> Hello, Qt Developers. :)
>
> I have a few questions. Why classes QZipReader  and QZipWriter still ( for
> a 5 years? ) in gui-private section? It will be finished or dropped?

Because nobody did the job to coordinate and finish the API review and polish
it to make it public API.
If you are interested in doing so, feel free to step up.
For a starter, I believe this class does not belong in QtGui's public API.
Maybe QtCore, or a new module.

Otherwise, you can also use the KArchive module part of KDE Frameworks
http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/karchive/html/index.html

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org