[Development] Maps on Android

Aaron McCarthy mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:59:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 14:28:46 Cyril Oblikov wrote:
> What is a status of maps (google, osm, anything else) support for
> Android? Is anyone working on it? What are the blockers?

The backlog for positioning and location based tasks is https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23412

Map rendering no longer requires the Qt3d module. I would expect maps to works
on any platform that supports Qt Quick 2.

Both OSM and Nokia/HERE plugins are included in the qtlocation repository.
There is a Google Maps API plugin up for review on gerrit:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/82519

Have you tried building (and testing) for Android?

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy