[Development] QtNetwork QtCS Session

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 13 03:24:38 CEST 2014

Em qui 12 jun 2014, às 12:21:32, Jędrzej Nowacki escreveu:
> On Thursday 12 of June 2014 11:47:49 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:40:03AM +0200, Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >   Thanks for sending the notes :-) I have a question about this point:

> > > Why dbus can not be moved to a separate module or together with
> > > networking
> > > stack?
> >
> > because some plugins depend on dbus.
>
> Ah, of course
>
> > if we modularize the repos more, we need to go full monty and modularize
> > *everything*.
> > i really wouldn't want to do that with the current build system.
>
> I guess it would be a nice long term goal.

I'm sorry, that's pointless. I don't think that's a nice goal at all.

The modules were invented so that we'd have related libraries together and
they could release at different pace if required. It's technically supposed to
be possible to use only a subset of the modules.

It makes no sense to build Qt without any platform plugin, for example. The
plugins must stay with QtGui, which implies that QtCore, QtNetwork and QtDBus
must too.