[Development] QtNetwork QtCS Session

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 13 17:26:51 CEST 2014

Em sex 13 jun 2014, às 05:52:57, Rutledge Shawn escreveu:
> > It makes no sense to build Qt without any platform plugin, for example.
> > The  plugins must stay with QtGui, which implies that QtCore, QtNetwork
> > and QtDBus must too.
>
> But maybe the platform plugins’ dependencies on d-bus could be made optional
> and resolved at runtime, so that some features are missing if it is not
> available but otherwise they continue to function?

I don't see how they'd do that. In order to dlopen anything, we need a C API.
QtDBus doesn't have one, so we'd have the plugin bypass all of our binding
code and go straight to libdbus-1. That's duplication of code.

Unless we're talking about a plugin to the plugin. Then not only is that ugly,
but also results in the same problem: where do we put this plugin code? In the
qtdbus.git repository? Why should it contain QPA code?