[Development] QtCS2014 - Qt Foundation
thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jun 15 02:43:22 CEST 2014
We had a session discussing what a more complete foundation around Qt would
be. There were plenty more discussions outside this session. The summary is
that there is will towards having a foundation, but there's a lot of work to
be done before we get there.
* Qt Project Hosting Foundation is a Norwegian foundation tasked only with
running the Qt Project public infra
** Website, forums, JIRA, Gerrit
** Does not include CI
* Foundation is an idea from 2013, evolving the concept of the Qt Project
** for example, some customer companies would like to contribute financially
* Scope: the infra to run the Qt Project, technology marketing
* Budget estimate: $1.5 million / year
* With technology marketing activities, can the foundation be a non-profit?
* What is the objective of this foundation?
** Ensure infrastructure does not disappear overnight
** Ideally, including the CI infra too
** Logo and trademark?
** How much budget should the foundation have for? 1 year worth of costs? 2?
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
More information about the Development