[Development] WebKit in QtQuick

Wolfgang Baron wolfgang.baron at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 15:13:15 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am adding QtQuick capabilities to my Software, which currently uses QGraphicsWebView for tight browser integration, automating, what the view does and reading content from the view in order to decide, what to do and extract relevant information for other purposes.

Qt 5.3.0 offers me a WebView Item, which is a WebKit based HTML render control without any possibility to interact with the content of the page.

QtCreator 3.1.1 is using an old version of the interface in QtWebKit 1.0, which has more possibilites than the current QtWebKit 3.0.

- is this limitation planned to go away and we will get a nice, tight integration like the QWidget based classes have?

- is it possible to access the content in another way from QML?

- is tight integration going away altogether in the near future?

Thanks for any insights,

Wolfgang Baron