[Development] Missing documentation

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu Mar 6 13:37:53 CET 2014

On Tuesday 04 March 2014 12:38:29 Samuel Gaist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4 mars 2014, at 10:16, Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:
> >>    QWidget::macCGHandle()
>
> Currently not implemented, used to return the Core Graphics Handle for the
> widget
>
> >>    QWidget::macQDHandle()
>
> Also not implemented, used to return the Quick Draw handle for the widget
> (cocoa only IIRC)
>
> > I guess I'll find out what these do and document them, too :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marc
>
> Now the question is, should they be re-implemented ? Or declared obsolete
> and return NULL ?

Not knowing what they are there for in the first place, I can't comment on
that. But short of fully implementing them, which I guess doesn't work since
these days that's what qmacextras is for, I would consider deleting the
functions (ie. make them private and Q_DECL_EQ_DELETE them.

> If you'd like, I'll add the documentation about them since I've done it for
> the other mac related missing parts :)

Yes, please :)

Thanks,
Marc