[Development] FTP in Qt5

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Fri Mar 7 12:05:09 CET 2014

I needed this functionality in our application so I've written a demo app to handle pausing and resuming HTTP and FTP downloads:
https://github.com/parsley72/QtDownloadManager

We use Qt 4.8.2 so the FTP download is implemented with QFtp. We're intending to migrate to Qt5 later this year but since QFtp is deprecated in Qt5 this functionality isn't possible. I can't see any issue for this - the closest are:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32819 Comment "QNetworkAccessManager doesn't have the features for a full FTP client" but no suggestion of when this might be improved.
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-8491 Comments about adding other network protocols to QNetworkAccessManager.

Is there any plan to extend QNetworkAccessManager so it can handle resumes for FTP, or any alternative?

Thanks,

Tom