[Development] Q_WS_* used in Qt sources

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Thu Mar 13 10:57:38 CET 2014

On Wednesday 12 March 2014 10:57:19 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em qua 12 mar 2014, às 18:46:15, Martin Koller escreveu:
> > For me the code porting looks a bit "unfinished" due to this Q_WS
> > artefacts, so I just fear that problems arise.
>
> It's possible.

Yes, there are still probably some regressions from 4.x left after the QPA
rewrite of the Qt internals. However, the fact that we have not cleaned up all
the #ifdefs yet is not an indication of that.

In Qt4 times, QPA was one of several platforms. At that time we kept the old
Q_WS_* code alive while creating the QPA plugins. We could not remove the old
#ifdefs then, even after implementing the corresponding functionality in QPA.

The fact that we have not removed all the old dead code afterwards is mainly
an indication of how much time we have to fix P2 and P3 tasks: it mainly
happens when someone is working on the relevant part of the code anyway.

- Paul