[Development] Current problems in CI

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Thu Mar 13 21:14:21 CET 2014

On 13 March 2014 18:21, John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:
> On 13 March 2014 18:08, Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladhorn at digia.com> wrote:
>> Looks like we're somewhat back on track. We got a first run for qtbase passing
>> and hopefully start getting the backlog down. Thanks for bearing with us,
>> there were quite a few things comming together making it hard to fix.
>>
>> The printing patches are going to be staged as one of the first things, as
>> agreed.
>
> That's good news.  Thanks to the team for all the hard work getting it
> sorted out, I know it can't be easy keeping it running with us devs
> constantly changing things :-)
>
> I'll be here all night if anything goes astray with my changes...

And inevitably the iOS build went astray...  I now have a patch to fix
the QT_NO_PRINTER build for this set of changes and other breakages
from earlier code.  I've done it as an extra change at
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,80901 to save having to
reset the approval status of all the other changes so anyone can
approve just this small change and we can push the whole lot again.
If someone can approve I'd be grateful, otherwise I can abuse my
maintainer privilege later to push it through overnight.

Remind me later to find out why  we even bother trying to build the
module and plugins if QT_NO_PRINTER is set, it has to be smarter than
having every file wrapped in ifdefs.

Cheers!

John.