[Development] QT Installer framework - Customize Pages

Sandeep sandeep at b-one.net
Thu Mar 13 14:47:07 CET 2014

Hello,

I went through the Qt-IF documentation may be 3 to 4 times, went through all
the examples, did some trial and error but still not able to get hold of few
things, in fact many things. Hoping to get some answers from the experts.

Question1: I want to get rid of the Header part of the Introduction Page,
how do I do it?

The documentation at this link
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtifw-1.3/noninteractive.html talks about
only selected widgets, for example, the Introduction Page has only access to
2 widgets, "Next", "Cancel" buttons, but what if I decide to not have the
Header section (which has the title and the logo). Is there a way to
disable? I am not talking about empty Title, I am talking about the getting
rid of the whole Header part.

Question2: What is the difference between "function Component" and "function
Controller" in the installer.qs scripts used in examples? Basically what are
they? I tried registering for the IntroductionPageCallback but never got
called.

function Component()

{

}

Component.prototype.IntroductionPageCallback=function()

{

}

Or?

function Controller()

{

}

Controller.prototype.IntroductionPageCallback = function()

{

}

Neither of them worked for me, Callbacks are not even called. what is the
correct way to get a callback?

Question3: If I choose to run my application after the installation using
the "<RunProgram>my app binary</RunProgram> , I get a checkbox with a tick
mark after my installation, asking if I want to run my application, I can
either check or uncheck the checkbox and say Next. This makes sense during
installation flow. But this checkbox also appears after my uninstallation
(last screen during uninstallation), asking "Do you want to run my app
binary", which does not makes sense. How do I make sure the checkbox (run my
app binary)does not come in the uninstallation flow.

Question 4: When I register for the signals "installationFinished" my
functions in the installscript.qs gets called, but surprisingly the signals
"uninstallationStarted and uninstallationFinished" never gets called if I
register some functions. Not sure why? Also in qinstaller.h we have the
below code for identifying different state/stages of installation, but how
can I get similar information for un-installation?

enum Status {

    InstallerUnfinished,

    InstallerCanceledByUser,

    InstallerRunning,