[Development] Android / IOS

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Wed Mar 19 10:15:33 CET 2014

On Tuesday 18 March 2014 12:50:26 md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
> Hello Development:
>
> I am newly arrived on Qt 5.2x scene and wanted to know how to contribute
> code, fixes,
> and testing for Qt 5.3.x of IOS and Android.
>
> Specifically, I want to focus on QT C++ <-> Objective C/Cocoa bridge
> and QT C++ <-> Android/Java/JNI.
>
> Is the development email list a free flowing forum or are there
> different subgroups
> each with their own list or developer forum somewhere.
>
> Where can I access threads of those focused on Android and IOS
> integration issues?
>
> Thanks for any replies,

Hi Marco, and welcome to Qt mobile development! :)

Code, fixes and testing are all very welcome. There is no shortage of things to
do on iOS and Android.

development at qt-project.org is free-flowing and covers all aspects of Qt
development.  In addition there is a mailing list focused specifically on Qt
for Android: android-development at qt-project.org. This list is much lower
volume, and the Qt for Android developers will probably follow that more
closely.

Issues that are common to several platforms should be discussed here, though.

Most of the day-to-day discussion happens on IRC: Android developers hang out
on #necessitas on freenode, but mainly during European working hours. I'm not
really sure where the iOS developers hang out, but you can find some of them on
#qt-labs, #qt-platforms or #qt-lighthouse :)

- Paul