[Development] qt5.3 beta - xkbcommon: ERROR

šumski hrvoje.senjan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:40:54 CET 2014

On Tuesday 25 of March 2014 21:15:48 Martin Koller wrote:
> I have installed qt5.3 pre21.1 today from openSuse repo.
> Now whenever I start a simple Qt5 app, I get:
>
> xkbcommon: ERROR: failed to add default include path auto
> Qt: Failed to create XKB context
>
> and I can not enter any text.
> any idea what the problem could be ?
> Is than an openSuse problem and should be reported there ?

Hi Martin,

i've tried to see what happens on 13.1, and looks we have strange situation
there: XKB is now not built with xkbcommon older than 0.4.0, and xcb older
than 1.10. It does get enabled when building with bundled xcb *and* xkbcommon,
but then glx is not enabled. With only xkbcommon bundled, i see -xkb-config-
root output written out, but as i am using our development distro, cannot test
myself what happens (we have both of the mentioned packages at now required
minimum). Please let me know what is the status after next build.

Cheers,
Hrvoje