[Development] configure -developer-build --prefix=$PWD/qtbase

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:21:20 CET 2014

The README in the qt distribution is confusing to me. I am not sure if it
is consistent with the ./configure --help.

Does anyone understand what the difference is between a qt that is
configured like this:  ./configure -developer-build versus a Qt that is
configured like this: configure -developer-build --prefix=$PWD/qtbase

 according to ./configure --help, it says this:
    -prefix <dir> ...... This will install everything relative to <dir>
                         (default /usr/local/Qt-5.3.0, $PWD if
-developer-build is active)

So what does it mean when you use both -prefix and -developer-build, as
some of the README examples show? Is the "make install" step necessary?
Will this affect how one builds the documentation (make docs and make
install_docs later on)?

The reason I am asking is because I am having trouble building
documentation from Qt 5.3Alpha.
I never end up with qhelpcollection installed under qtbase/bin.

Does -developer-build work with building documentation?