[Development] Qt 5.3 RC candidate package available

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed May 7 10:03:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,
We have new Qt5.3 RC candidate packages available in http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.3/5.3.0-RC/2014-05-07_85/
MSVC2012 package is missing but it will be available later today. Src packages are available as well at this time.

These will be official RC packages if nothing new & really serious found during your testing. Plan is to put RC out tomorrow.

Please, spend some time & verify that packages are working OK & Qt quality is good enough for RC. Report your testing effort via http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing  form and in case of new bugs report those in JIRA https://bugreports.qt-project.org .

Qt5 changes after previous candidate packages:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,84582 :
Patch Set 3:

* qtbase 9ae8931...b80f732 (2):
> Use XI2 event detail to determine changed mouse button
> WinRT: Fix multi-touch on PC

* qtdeclarative d98362f...bef0fd5 (1):
> Android: Fix crash in String.replace() in release builds

* qtlocation 2b7eebe...73c42e6 (1):
> Add missing classname entry for positioning and location qml module.

* qtqa 5620690...1499688 (1):
> Qtqa: Configurable script instead of default ci testrunner

* qtquickcontrols 592ae64...723cd96 (1):
> FileDialog: update icon whenever the filename changes

* qtrepotools 04c900d...a422148 (1):
> allow more variations of "cherry picked"

* qttranslations 0cf314e...9c49394 (1):
> Added Finnish translation of qtmultimedia

Qt5 changes after first RC candidate packages:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,84473 :
Patch Set 5:

* qtbase 7eae50a...9ae8931 (5):
> Add a comment about not obvious code in VariantData.
> Update changelog for iOS
> Revision new signal
> Fix more double release in QTimeZone on Mac
> Cocoa QPA Menu: Clear menu items Cocoa ancestor on destruction

* qtdeclarative 7ea1f75...d98362f (3):
> StocQt demo improvement
> Always implement text input "canPaste" property
> Add [ChangeLog] tags to qtdeclarative changelog.

* qtdoc e91d6f2...c5d38fb (1):
> Doc: add link to Scalability topic

* qtenginio b1f1e72...e5ae557 (1):
> Doc: Adding link to the "Enginio Namespace" page.

* qtquickcontrols 1bd60be...592ae64 (1):
> Menu: Fix QPA related crash on exit

* qtserialport d1e689f...6849455 (1):
> Ensure both input and output baud rates are set.

* qtsvg bacf485...bbf16bd (1):
> Let svg plugins extend svg module

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,84330 :
Patch Set 5:

* qtbase a3634e4...7eae50a (6):
> Fix assert on justification of QTextLine with only spaces
> Fix incorrect repaints with plain text edit
> printsupport: only build cocoa backend for OS X
> mkspec (iOS): use QTPLUGIN.platforms=-
> Logging: Mention best practices for using QLoggingCategory
> QCocoaPrintDevice: Compile on Mac OS 10.6

* qtconnectivity 9b11226...5aee8f1 (1):
> Minor changelog clarification and other "nice-ifications"

* qtdeclarative 6f8f73e...7ea1f75 (3):
> v4: ignore quiet bit for NaNs in 32 bit value encoding
> Doc: Remove references to the unimplemented time type
> v4: assert when an unsupported double value is stored in a value

* qtdoc 2e30101...e91d6f2 (1):
> Doc: Document development tools setup on different Linux distros

* qtenginio 4af1a59...b1f1e72 (1):
> Add changelog file for 1.0.4 version

* qtmultimedia 4c8284d...82d9610 (4):
> Fix documentation of qmlvideofx example
> Handle resizing of mainwindow better
> Selecting something now closes menu
> Add missing background for effect selection list.

* qtqa 9a36bb7...5620690 (1):
> Qtqa: Enable launching Jenkins jobs remotely

* qtquickcontrols 122f488...1bd60be (1):
> Add Window declaration to plugins.qmltypes

* qttranslations d56737b...0cf314e (1):
> Update Finnish translation of qtbase and qtdeclarative

Br,
Jani