[Development] new "debugsupport" module and API

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 12 22:40:15 CEST 2014

Em seg 12 maio 2014, às 19:35:24, Oswald Buddenhagen escreveu:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 08:39:37AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Em seg 12 maio 2014, às 11:48:21, Ulf Hermann escreveu:
> > > The following changes create a debugsupport module with public API in
> >
> > > qtbase:
> > Please create a new module. This doesn't need to be in qtbase.
>
> given that the two quick implementations will depend on it, it makes
> little sense to split it out, given what else is in qtbase.

Neither implementation is in qtbase, so I don't see the logic in that
argument. Yes, it *can* be in qtbase, but I don't see why it *should* be.

I want to hear a reason of why it should.

In that light:

QtXml is there for historical reasons: there was code that needed it
(including QtDBus). It can probably be moved out now.

QtOpenGL and QtConcurrent are also historical and can probably be moved out
too. Especially since those three aren't getting almost any updates, it makes
sense to do it.

QtDBus needs to stay because the XCB plugin needs it for some D-Bus protocols
(notifications, the new systray protocol, etc.)

The rest of the libraries in qtbase are really base stuff.