[Development] Modules in qtbase (was: Re: new "debugsupport" module and API)

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Tue May 13 12:03:13 CEST 2014

On 13/05/14 11:49, "Bubke Marco" <Marco.Bubke at digia.com> wrote:

>Actually the different the difference between qtdeclarative and qtbase is
>already producing enough overhead. For example bisect is hard to
>impossible which I need to do often to find out smart changes.

I very much disagree. The changes and refactorings we did to declarative
over the last year would IMO have been a lot harder to do with a
monolithic repository.

Bisecting qtdeclarative works usually well on the latest qtbase, and
bisecting qtbase can be done independent of qtdeclarative. It’s only in
the relatively rare case that a qtbase change caused a break in
declarative that this is an issue. I believe that’s worth the trade off.

>What about to break the 1:1 relationship between CI modules and
>repositories. Why not have more than one CI module for qtbase?

How do you imagine that should that work in practice?

Lars