[Development] Mac app built with Qt5.3.0 RC got rejected by Mac App Store because of non-public API calls.

Nichols Andy Andy.Nichols at digia.com
Thu May 15 10:22:41 CEST 2014

Regard QtWebkit on iOS:

Source http://qt-project.org/qt5/qt52#ios

"Qt WebKit is also not supported under Qt for iOS and because of App Store policies, it will not be supported either. For now, you need to use the native WebKit in iOS. This can be done by using the native Objective-C libraries, which is possible with the iOS compiler, clang.”

So even in the case of QtWebEngine its unlikely that we will ever be able to support iOS.  Even in the case of the Chrome browser app on iOS they are using the native web view instead of their own WebEngine to comply with the same App Store policies.

Regards,
Andy Nichols