[Development] New branching scheme (was: RE: HEADS UP: Qt 5.3.0 - merge stable into release)

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed May 21 09:41:10 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Qt5.3.0 is now out and I think it is time to proceed with this, right?

I don't fully understood what we have agreed but according to my understanding we need to

- Rename current release -branch to Qt 5.3.0 & close it
- rename current stable to Qt 5.3
- Update http://qt-project.org/wiki/Branch-Guidelines to match new branching scheme
	* New process & way of working needs to be defined here really clearly. A least for me it isn't clear at al...

Lars, is it you who should take initial steps with these?

Br,
Jani