[Development] Qmake Ninja generator

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu May 22 10:09:11 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 03:36:25PM -0400, Kuba Ober wrote:
> Bootstrapping is about the only possible glitch I see with Qt being built with QBS.
> I mean, good luck bootstrapping QML without Qt built. Or is that something
> that wouldn’t be that hard?

it's neither inherently hard, nor do i consider it even critical to
start with. we can always offer a static build for download to get you
started. obviously, linux distributors wouldn't like that due to having
to extend their bootstrap set (which already contains the basic os
(including perl), the toolchain, and what not), but latest when qbs
finds adoption in some low-level tools (which must be built long
before qt), this situation re-appears anyway.