[Development] Bringing Qt's high-dpi support to more platforms

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Mon May 26 14:51:24 CEST 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 07:59, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at digia.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2014, at 6:03 PM, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
>
>> Sorvig:
>>
>>> From the latest new front:
>>
>> http://bgr.com/2014/03/18/nexus-9-specs-details/
>>
>> Digitimes on Tuesday cited its own research arm in reporting that Google
>> will launch two new Nexus tablets in 2014. In addition to an updated
>> Nexus 7, Google is reportedly prepping a new 8.9-inch Nexus tablet that
>> will feature a Retina-busting screen with better-than-2K resolution.
>>
>> So will your HIGH DPI modification support the coming high res Android
>> stuff too?
>
> The retina support that currently is in Qt/Mac (which would be extended to the other platforms) supports any float scale factor for HiDPI.

.. with the qualification that Mac always uses an integer scale factor (2x) and that you might get painting artifacts with a non integer factor. WinRT is are using float scale factors so this will see testing there. High scale factors should not be a problem in itself, what I see from testing on desktop is that the style breaks at some point going beyond 2X.

Android support itself is still on the TODO list.

Morten