[Development] Bringing Qt's high-dpi support to more platforms

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon May 26 19:05:50 CEST 2014

Thiago:

Maybe you could broach the subject at the contributors summit that maybe
the group could share in a public way best practices and lessons learned
so others can jump into a build/debug contributory role quicker.

I recently reported a bug to the QT bug tracker and the very nice people
at Digia responded very quickly, eager to try to find the bug,
essentially saying, "Community, you document and submit reproducible
bugs" and we will fix them.

But I like the idea of being able to run my own building/debugging and
submitting fixes to the community as well.

So all the devs likely have lots of tips and tricks that they have
gleaned over the years for setting up a build and test environment on
both OSX and Windows.

Thiago, you likely have tons of brilliant build/debug choices that you
now perform automatically with the QT code base.

What I unfortunately do not have is a budget to support self-learning
on how to gain contributor proficiency with the million lines of QT code
base.

I cannot even find a coherent Qt 5.3/Qt Quick 2.0 Class Diagram to begin
to organize it in my mind.

The online build/debug documentation is not accessible enough for me
just yet to efficiently get to contributor speed.

Also, maybe I missed the unit test files, but I did not see them when
scanning the code base.

Many thanks for your concise and competent answers Thiago,
Intel deserves kudos for sponsoring QT with your service.

Cheers,

Marco