[Development] Enginio build artifacts and naming conventions

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Mon May 26 20:54:51 CEST 2014

Hello,

This tweet was brought to my attention:

 https://twitter.com/Korchkidu/status/470850176366968832

and it is true that the cmake files generated contain the incorrect filename,
compared to the actual files shipped.

The Enginio files are called something like

 libEnginio.so.1.0.5

instead of something like

 libQt5Enginio.so.5.x.y

which the cmake generated files expect. Headers are installed to

 include/Enginio

which also has no 'Qt' prefix. I remember in particular discussions about
putting the SOVERSION in the binary file name (which is 5 for all other Qt
libraries, and 1 for Enginio apparently).

Does anyone know why this module is different to the others? Is this
deliberate or accidental? If it's deliberate, then why make it a special case?

I can add some way of generating the actual filename, but this also raises the
question of whether the cmake module should be called 'Qt5Enginio' (matching
Qt5Core and all others), or not.

Is Enginio supposed to be a 'normal' 'part of Qt5' (which would mean the Qt5
prefix for the cmake modules is appropriate), or is it supposed to be
something different (which might mean the modules have the wrong name)?

Thanks,

--
Join us at Qt Developer Days 2014 in Berlin! - https://devdays.kdab.com

Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer