[Development] Proposal: removing the release branches after the release

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 26 21:59:47 CEST 2014

I've just seen that all the Qt repositories got a 5.3.0 branch (including
those for which a release not called "5.3.0" was produced).

I'm proposing to reverse that. There's no point in having those branches,
since after the code is tagged and released. There will never be any change to
the code under that same version number.

If there's any need to make an emergency release on top of a given tag, that
release will get a new version number (without dashes, please) and we can
create a branch with the appropriate name to make the release. And once that
is done, we remove the branch again.

This starts by removing all the 5.3.0 branches that have  just been created.