[Development] new "debugsupport" module and API

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed May 28 01:32:22 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:

> On Monday 12 May 2014 11:48:21 Ulf Hermann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we currently have several implementations of the QML debug protocol used
> > to transmit data between a debugger or profiler and the application
> > being debugged or profiled. I'm proposing a generalized "debugsupport"
> > module to address various issues with those. In particular:
>
> Unrelated, but there is also the private qmljs library, which contains the
> qml
> parser, which is duplicated all over the place (qtquick1, qtdeclarative,
> qtcreator, kdevelop)
> (And I was also considering using it for a code browser ;-) )
>
> Maybe that library also belong in the same repository, "qmlhelpers" ?
>
> --
> Olivier
>
> Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org

For what it's worth and with my KDevelop hat on, having access to different
qml tooling would be very welcome. We don't like forking the code off.
Also we'll be reviewing our side of these issues in the KDE SDK meeting
this summer [1], maybe somebody would like to come and say hi. Furthermore,
I'm also planning to attend the Qt Contributor Summit, it might be a good
idea to have a session about QML/Quick tools creation.

Cheers!
Aleix

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2014/05/27/randa-moving-kde-forward