[Development] QtQuick/QtGui/QtCore leak on exit

Alex Montgomery apmontgomery at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:17:08 CET 2014

> Could I safely assume that these are false positives?  I am not overly
> concerned since the leaks are tiny and only on exit, but the object dump to
> stdout is a bit annoying.

Personally, I doubt that they are false positives. There are quite a few
leak-on-exit bugs in Qt5 nowadays, which I personally find embarrassing.
There seems to be a new philosophy from the project's higher-ups that
leak-on-exit bugs aren't really bugs, even though they indicate that
objects almost certainly aren't being destroyed properly and their careful
written destructors aren't being called. The best you can do is fix them
yourself and try to submit patches back to Gerrit. I was told that if I did
that, the patches "might" be accepted. To be fair, I did track down one
leak in the Quick renderer and my patch was integrated. Leaks just don't
seem to be a priority for post-Nokia Qt.

Good luck,
Alex