[Development] Qt3D: wip/newapi branch is dead. Long live dev!

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Nov 11 16:31:42 CET 2014

Hi All,

Just a quick head's up to let you know that Qt3D has now switched over from
the wip/newapi branch to the dev branch.

There is still quite some work to do, especially around Qt Quick 2
integration, and some more API tidying to be done but we think we've proved
out the concepts worked and reworked during our time in the newapi branch. The
dev branch is now the default branch for Qt3D.

I will blog more fully about this in the near future but this is to let you
know that we are still plugging away at this and are gradually closing in on
feature completeness for a Qt3D 2.0 release.

Don't expect everything to work out of the box with the shipped examples on
all platforms yet. So far they are tailored to work on the systems of the main
developers. Extending these to cover more OpenGL versions and GPU vendors will
come in the next few weeks.

Many thanks to everybody who has helped get us to this stage with code, acting
as a sounding board for ideas, examples, ideas and for helping with
practicalities of merging etc.

If you wish to join in then find us in the #qt-3d channel on irc.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK