[Development] The dark side of QtMultimedia

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 17 05:16:14 CET 2014

On Monday 17 November 2014 02:55:33 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Yet Phonon officially supports GStreamer 1 now, QtMultimedia still doesn't.
> These are the kinds of things we notice as GNU/Linux distributors, not
> whether some developer adds some new feature to the legacy GStreamer 0.10
> backend.

Which just goes to show how misguided the distributions are under that
philosophy that usually comes from the GNOME world. Developers don't care
about having the latest version, they care about getting work done. Updating
just because the library is newer and cleaner is not enough; they need to get
something in return.