[Development] The dark side of QtMultimedia

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 17 18:15:22 CET 2014

On Monday 17 November 2014 18:11:59 Gianluca wrote:
> > The fullscreen video player that got launched has controls to play,
> > pause,
> > seek, etc.
>
> Qt Quick 2 VideoOutput does not have any controls. I’m sure, I’ve never seen
> such controls appear automatically on iOS neither on Android neither on Mac
> neither on Windows ! (Did not try on other platforms).

It sounds to me that a full-fledged and controllable video player should have
options to configure what buttons to show and callbacks to decide what to do.
If the standard widget doesn't have it, maybe we can build it by ourselves and
provide it as a controllable QML element.

So you won't be able to draw your own elements and you won't be able to draw
besides the video player, but this is better than not playing anything at all.