[Development] Explicit linking vs dlopen/dlsym

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Nov 19 18:12:20 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 November 2014 11:38:41 Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > Today I installed an snapshot of Qt 5.4.0 for Linux x86 on my Kubuntu
> 14.04
> > and found a problem: it links to libudev.so.0, while Ubuntu 14.04
> provides
> > libudev.so.1.
>
> What library is that? I thought we did dlopen libudev...

libQt5SerialPort

pgquiles at macbookpro30:~/Qt5.4.0/5.4/gcc/lib$ objdump -x libQt5SerialPort.so

libQt5SerialPort.so:     file format elf32-i386
libQt5SerialPort.so
architecture: i386, flags 0x00000150:
HAS_SYMS, DYNAMIC, D_PAGED
start address 0x00004780

[...]

Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED               libQt5Core.so.5
  NEEDED               libpthread.so.0
  *NEEDED               libudev.so.0*
  NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
  NEEDED               libc.so.6
  SONAME               libQt5SerialPort.so.5
  RPATH                $ORIGIN
  INIT                 0x00003efc
  FINI                 0x00013958

[...]

In other libraries, ICU, GStreamer, PulseAudio,NSPR, FreeType, zlib and
other are also explicitly linked to.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org