[Development] New Qt 5.4.0 snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Nov 20 11:00:29 CET 2014

Hi all,

We have new snapshot available here:

Windows: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-20_83/
Linux: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-19_92/

Unfortunately we had some build issues with mac & that's why packages aren't available now. Re-builds are ongoing, let's hope we will have (some) mac packages available later today...

Content is already really close to final Qt 5.4.0 RC content so please try these packages & inform me immediately if you find something blocking the release!

Qt5 changes in this snapshot:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/99808/
Patch Set 14:

* qtbase 3e161dc...e86f1ce (40):
> qdoc: Missing break in qdoc switch statement
> Fix memcpy with incorrect destination
> Fix wrong qversionnumber header name in tools.pri
> iOS: Tell Xcode to not build universal app binaries for debug builds
> ANGLE: Fix compilation with D3D9
> Set CFBundleIdentifier prefix for Qt frameworks
> Revert "Build Qt for OS X and iOS with relative rpath"
> WinRT: Fill data in QUdpSocket::readDatagram
> Android: Extract VectorDrawable
> Fix hb_face leaking in QFontEngineFT
> Doc: Solved link and autolink errs qnamespace.qdoc
> winrt: Resize window on Windows Phone using EGL
> Android: Fix QSlider appearance
> Fix crash on Android L and list view items.
> Android: copy build.gradle to install folder.
> Make it possible to disable font embedding
> qdoc: Removed text formatting from requisites table
> rcc: Change two-pass feature from opt-out to opt-in
> Android: Extract AnimatedStateListDrawable
> winrt: Blacklist certain devices from creating a depth/stencil buffer
> Doc: Corrected brief statement for overview page
> Set Android palette and fonts in QPA plugin.
> Android: Extract default style
> ANGLE: Upgrade to version 1.2.30d6c255d238
> windows: fix platform compilation after ANGLE upgrade
> Make QVersionNumber private
> Android: Extract RippleDrawable
> Add the custom build step for PCH generated through source
> Doc: corrected autolink issue json
> iOS: close menu when keyboard hides
> iOS: let focusobject be ImEnabled when a menu is attached
> iOS: close keyboard by resigning first responder
> Android: Introduce getAccessibleField
> QJsonArray::(const_)iterator: add the typedef for the pointer type
> eglfs: ifdef linux specific functionality from convenience functions
> Set correct QSurfaceFormat also for raster surfacetype
> Revert "Fix fallbacks for adapted common script"
> iOS: Enable fat builds containing both armv7 and arm64 slices
> iOS: Allow ARCHS to be specified at build time for multi-arch builds
> iOS: Ensure that the rename-main logic works for multi-arch builds

* qtconnectivity daba473...25c2d47 (3):
> Fix spelling mistake in change logs
> Add change log for Qt 5.4.0 release
> Add missing \since tags for new API introduced by Qt 5.4.

* qtdeclarative dd6e14a...dd08a22 (1):
> Invalidate font caches when switching between threads

* qtdoc b695549...0db8378 (8):
> Doc: added brief statement for i18n
> Doc: Updates to reference configurations
> Update list of MSVC dlls
> Fix list of mingw dlls to deploy
> Android: Remove MinGW from list of of required downloads
> Update used MinGW-builds toolchain
> Doc: updated brief statement for overview page
> Doc: Update names of available Qt licenses

* qtimageformats c7155c0...954fa54 (2):
> Avoid implicit function declaration compile errors in libjasper
> Disable webp also for ios

* qtlocation 87c3542...e0dab1c (1):
> Add changelog for Qt 5.4.0 release

* qtmultimedia 2020b03...96407d8 (2):
> Fix bogus videonode plugin handling
> WinRT: Fix compilation after ANGLE update

* qtquickcontrols 0bcb105...331c10d (4):
> Doc: added brief statement for group menus
> 5.4.0 changelog
> Doc: Corrected brief statements for overview pages
> Doc: Fixed the \image reference

* qtsvg aaa06d6...eece19e (1):
> Export private symbols for use from other Qt modules

* qtwebengine 51d7318...a659a30 (2):
> Doc: Fix issues related to example docs
> Add missing header guards

* qtwebkit 7e29781...def5fef (2):
> Clear a stray ref on layers when purging GL resources
> Do not force a direction before we know it

Best regards,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager | The Qt Company