[Development] OpenGL sluggishness on Qt5 vs Qt4

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:25:38 CET 2014

I created a small (but perhaps not small enough?) example to illustrate the
problem:

See: https://github.com/dov/QtGLProb

Please test it under the following conditions to see the problem:

1. "qmake-qt4; make; ./debug/ModelViewer"
2. "make clean; qmake-qt5; make; ./debug/ModelViewer"
3. "env vblank_mode=0 ./debug/ModelViewer"

Case 3 eliminates the problem for small window sizes, but when enlarging
the window to the full screen, the same lagging behaviour as in case 2 is
experienced.

Regards,
Dov