[Development] Explicit linking vs dlopen/dlsym

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Nov 23 11:53:46 CET 2014

On Sunday 23 November 2014, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2014 08:22:28 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Sorry, but as distribution packagers, we really no NOT like dlopened
>
> > libraries, for several reasons:
> Packagers can and should force the linking. This is about the distribution-
> agnostic binaries we produce and are available from qt-project.org.

QtWebKit and QtWebEngine does not support linking directly to libudev, but
they will only try to dlopen libudev.so.1 or libudev.so.0 in that order, and
being major version if a libudev.so.2 is made it can co-exists with
libudev.so.1, this will in fact work more smoothly than if you had direct
linking.

Best regards
`Allan