[Development] Help needed to test Ministro 10.3, needed for Qt 5.4!
bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 12:43:35 CET 2014
I have some bad news about Ministro on Android 5.0. Due to a bug https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79478 introduced by Google in Android 5.0 final release apps that are using Ministro are not working anymore, on Android L preview it worked just fine. I hope in the next Android version Google will fix this problem.
New stuff added to Ministro 10.
- application startup up speed improvement, I've cuted +150ms from the
time that your application needs to wait for Ministro's response, now
your application waits 2-4ms (of course if Ministro doesn't need to
- extract Qt 5.4 QuickControls style info
- speed up the theme extraction (now it needs 2/3 of the previous time).
- extract InsetDrawable. On Android 4.4.4 it seems this Drawable is
used and will crash QWidget based apps if is not extracted.
New stuff added to 10.1 - bumped MINISTRO_MAX_API_LEVEL
New stuff added to 10.3 - for more exceptions on Android 5.0 - extract default palette & fonts, needed by Qt 5.4 - extract some Android 5.0 specific look and style info.
What happen with 10.2? - I bumped the version to 10.3 by mistake and I pushed it, so there was no 10.2 :).
How to test it:
- make sure the previous version is installed and your apps are using it.
- install over the previous version ($ adb install -r Ministro\ II\ v10.3.apk).
* Ministro will extract again *ONCE* the style.
* Trying your existing apps should *NOT* trigger any new downloads.
- after you test your applications with Ministro installed on top of
previous Ministro version, please test in on a clean installation. So,
go to settings -> apps and remove Ministro, then install it again ($
adb install Ministro\ II\ v10.3.apk).
* Ministro should extract style info and certificates and it should
download again all needed libs.
* Your application should work without any recompilation.
Please download and test Ministro from here:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Development