[Development] The life of a file name and other possibly mal-encoded strings on non-Windows systems

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Tue Oct 7 16:47:02 CEST 2014

El Tuesday 07 October 2014, Tomasz Siekierda escribió:
> For file paths, I feel QString is really enough.
> Changing it to something else because of a few corner cases seems like
> an overkill to me.

Just for the sake of documenting the issue and pointing to this thread if
future questions arise: Is there some solution for those corner cases?

Say one writes a file manager with Qt, and has to support that one file name
with a wrong encoding could be renamed to the right one. Should that person
skip the Qt classes?

BTW, subject says non-Windows systems, but IIRC Mac OS X doesn't allow two
files with equivalent names (e.g. composed vs the precomposed characters that
are equivalent). Does it apply as well?

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2