[Development] Qt for iOS: Management Retina vs Non-Retina Images

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:32:14 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Morten Johan Sørvig
<morten.sorvig at digia.com> wrote:

>> This behavior isn't documented in QIcon[1]. Shouldn't it use
>> QFileSelector[2] instead now? Since it's undocumented, couldn't this
>> be changed before 6.0?
>
> The problem with QFileSelector is that it lives in QtCore and that the image should be selected based on the target paintdevice/window/screen.
>
> There are certainly divergent opinions on whether “@2x” is a good idea or not. Do we want to look at alternatives?

It actually is documented in 5.4, as pointed out by Ziller. Maybe it's
too late to change but IMHO it would be better if it were at least the
same pattern as QFileSelector, say :/images/icon.png and
:/images/+2x/icon.png
Then there is just one path encoding trick to remember.

Just my 2c, I'm happy with having the feature either way.

Kind Regards,
      Thiago A. Correa