[Development] The impact of Qt code review practices

Shane McIntosh mcintosh at cs.queensu.ca
Thu Oct 9 08:54:13 CEST 2014

Hi Qt developers,

My name is Shane. I’m a PhD student at Queen’s University in Canada.

Recently, I performed a statistical analysis of the Qt code review process and the impact that it has on post-release defects:

http://shanemcintosh.org/2014/05/31/the-impact-of-code-review-coverage-and-code-review-participation-on-software-quality.html

Since I used data from the Qt project to perform my study, I thought that it would be good to share my results with your group. On the above link, you will find slides from a short talk I gave on the paper topic, and a preprint link where the full research report is available. I would be more than happy to break down my findings and future research directions in this area if there is interest.

All the best,
-Shane