[Development] QSettings refactor updates

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Oct 11 16:32:55 CEST 2014

On Saturday 11 October 2014 09:01:52 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> True,  I dont need it to make things work, but I need it in case I wanna
> show them inside a qtreeview.
>
> I can split it into a QConfigTrreModel if you think its the way to go. The
> rationale is just to provide a quick way to have an advanced settings
> editor.

Please don't overengineer. Displaying all the configuration settings in a tree
or table is not something most applications do. Most will have dialogs for
configuration, so a nicer, schema-based config dialog generator would be welcome
in the future.

Only a "registry editor" application would show all entries in a tree or
table.