[Development] osx search paths with 5.3.2

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:55:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've been using qt 4.8.6 for quite some time on my macbook installed
from homebrew with no problem whatsoever. I decided over the weekend
to upgrade my install to the latest qt5 build which on homebrew is
5.3.2. Everything installed, qmake ran and I was able to successfully
build qjsonrpc on my mac. Cool.

Now, I've got another test app that links to qjsonrpc, and when I
build that it turns out that I'm no longer able to find anything in
/usr/include or link to anything in /usr/lib. I naturally assumed this
was an issue with the compiler's search paths, but then why did 4.8.6
work? Hmm, okay, let's just use Qt's distributed 5.3.2 binaries, maybe
homebrew got it wrong... Same problem. I went through a diff of the
mkspecs dirs of both versions and couldn't see anything that would
obviously cause this.

Has anyone using Qt on mac run into this problem? Running out of ideas here!

Cheers,
Matt