[Development] Compiler warnings

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 15 11:33:13 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 15 October 2014 09:26:34 Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> I am talking about missing default switch statements, incomplete switch
> statements, implicit conversion between signed and unsigned integers, aso.

"default" labels in switches may be intentionally missing. When the swtch
handles all possible values, it's unnecessary to add a default. Especially
when the switch handles all possible values of an enum, you don't want a
default label so you'll get a warning later when a new enum value may be
added.