[Development] QConfig update.

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Oct 16 08:51:52 CEST 2014

Thiago Macieira schreef op 15-10-2014 17:34:
> I'm not sure you got my meaning. How is a config editor tool in Qt
> Creator going to read & write those files?
Why would you need a tool like that for such a format?

> How is the code generator going to read the QTypedSettings source
> header to genete the equivalent .cpp?
Exactly the same way moc already parses header files now? My idea was to
explore if it were possible to build on what moc already can do. You
might have noticed that this idea looks exactly like how you create
Q_PROPERTY declarations. I think they should basically _be_ Q_PROPERTY
declarations, though the options would be extended with keywords such as
SETTING and DEFAULT.

Note that I would really like it if it were possible at all to not only
generate .cpp, but also generate a bit of .h that gets included into the
class declaration in some way, so that there would be real functions to
call for all settings. That's what I really miss with the Q_PROPERTY
using the MEMBER keyword.

André