[Development] QSettings refactor updates

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Mon Oct 20 08:36:17 CEST 2014

On Monday 20. October 2014 07.06.00 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday 19 October 2014 22:39:42 Branislav Katreniak wrote:
> > > Cache format: binary json
> >
> > You use json internally as cache. What is the motivation to introduce
> > new classes with similar API like QJson classes?
>
> It's an implementation detail because the binary json loading and parsing is
> extremely fast.

What about the data type support?

The current .ini format Qt defines allows for custom types to be stored (in a
hackish way and hard to version). Would the new API be limited to booleans,
integers, doubles and strings? (i.e. no QVariant in the API)

What about nested types, i.e. storing something like QJsonObject? How would
that be represented in .ini?

(I wouldn't mind any such a limitation, I'm really just curious :)

Simon