[Development] QtMultimedia and Musepack

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 21 05:34:54 CEST 2014

On Monday 20 October 2014 23:46:03 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 06 October 2014 10:18:41 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > > AFAIK QtMultimedia on Linux uses Gstreamer for video and audio playback,
> > > so installing the right Gstreamer plugins should (hopefully) fix this
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > Maybe this will help:
> > > https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad/
> >
> > One big problem is that it's stuck on 0.10 and does NOT support GStreamer
> > 1.x. Therefore, as a GNU/Linux distribution packager (for Fedora), I can
> > only strongly recommend to NOT use QtMultimedia until/unless it gets
> > ported
> > to GStreamer 1.
>
> One of the major blockers of GStreamer 0.10's removal in Debian Jessie was
> qtmultimedia. I can not hold that any longer for Jessie+1, so if it doesn't
> gets ported I'll have to remove qtmultimedia along it's reverse dependencies
> (ie, apps using it).
>
> So as long this does not happens Kevin's recommendation is really the way to
> go.

FYI, we have a similar problem in Tizen 3.0, compounded by the fact that we're
using Wayland.

But Tomasz says that the qtmultimedia branch for GStreamer 1.0 is working fine.
We've got that branch rebased on qtmultimedia dev branch for Tizen 3.0 and I
haven't heard people complaining for a few months.